This week: the jet-black Northern Line.
Think of the Northern Line and you immediately smell the strong coffee commuters use to wake themselves up. This wallop of caffeine and ultra-sweet agave nectar, combined with tequila, is definitely an eye-opener. Plus, much like forcing your way on to a packed train at Bank, it will almost certainly end in violence.
The Northern Mainline
1 1/2 oz reposado tequila
1/2 oz Kahlua
2 oz (1 shot) hot espresso
1 teaspoon agave nectar
Black pepper (optional)
- Warm an espresso or coffee cup with boiling water, then pour out
- Optional: coat rim of cup with fresh ground black pepper
- Pour the tequila and Kahlua into the cup, stirring with a tea spoon
- Brew espresso, add to tequila and Kahlua
- Coat the teaspoon in agave nectar
- Use spoon to stir coffee until the syrup has dissolved
- Brace yourself